Monthly Seminar for IAC Credentialed Coaches
This seminar is an opportunity for advanced coaches to speak in an informal yet focused manner about our coaching experiences, growth, successes and challenges. CIA is an honest, supportive and intimate setting of no more than ten coaches.
Training Format and Course Details
This once-a-month, facilitated seminar meets for one hour during ten months of the year.
The focus of each seminar is determined in advanced by the interests of those registered – and will evolve over time.
Here’s a list of past topics – some of which we choose to revisit:
- Review and discussion of individual CAT Independent (graduate-level) Projects – selected by the CIA participants
- Sharing scope, content and highlights of new CAT advanced courses
- Discussions based on the experience and coaching applications brought by individual CIA coaches from coaching (or affiliated) conferences, training, books, etc. from outside our program
- ICF’s and PAAC’s changing coach certification standards, ethics and definitions – tools for coaching growth and insight into industry evolution. Examples include
- Coaching diverse clients with ethics and awareness
- Coaching supervision vs mentor coaching
- ADHD clinical guidelines and advances (international)
- Impacts of new research and resources on our coaching efforts
- Discussion of our client challenges and successes – and/or ethical quandaries
- Group Coaching applications
- Reflections on WHO we are when coaching and how to grow into our abilities as coaches and human beings
- Implication of coaching philosophies on our lives – and the health of our communities (local and global)
- Peer coaching – and group review
Typically, a relevant article or handout is provided two weeks before we meet to facilitate an informed discussion.
There is an online Coaches Learning Lab for this course. We use the CIA CLL to communicate between classes – and to access to course documents, shared resources and optional forum discussions.
Trainer/facilitator: Denslow Brown, MCC, CPO, CPO-CD
CIA is a great choice for recertification hours or continuing coach education. This course is only open to coaches credentialed through Coach Approach Training – Institute for Applied Coaching.
10 CEU hours – Although the seminars are recorded, CEUs are only available for classes attended live. Each seminar is reviewed retroactively by the trainer for eligibility as coach-specific or resource development credit. Historically, eight-to-nine of the ten annual CEU hours qualify as coach-specific training. [Note: This seminar is not structured to provide mentor coaching hours.]
The one-hour, monthly CIA seminar is held ten months of each year. In recent years we have met on the third Tuesday from Noon – 1:00 pm Eastern (9 – 10:00 am Pacific). The meeting day may change in future years, as will the months skipped. For next year’s dates see the Advanced Coach Training Overview/Schedule or the Registration Link below.
$180 full payment – includes class recordings. Registration is open in late November-early January for the next calendar year.
Advanced Training Courses
- ADHD Education (AE)
- Body-Based Coaching (BoBC)
- Coaching Effective Leaders (CEL)
- Coaching In Action (CIA)
- Coaching the ADHD Client (CAC)
- Cultivating Coaching Courage (CCC)
- Fostering Mindful Change (FMC)
- Graduate Book Analysis (GBA)
- Graduate Coach Practicum (GCP)
- Holistic Time Coaching (HTC)
- Neurodiversity Support & Advocacy (NSA)
- Productivity Coaching (PC)