We schedule four or five group mentor-lab courses each year. Each course meets ICF and IAC credentialing requirements for group mentor coaching.
The training format is consistent: each of the five 90-minute classes includes a coaching session, discussion and some trainer instruction. These courses provide a focused and collaborative, small-group learning environment to strengthen coaching skills and insights.
Each course addresses all core coaching competencies, the coaching process and standards for credentialing. However, if the initials/words “CCI” or “Core Competency Intensive” are in the course title, that’s your cue that the trainer will use the lens of a particular competency to view the integration of the elements of a coaching session.
Mentor-lab courses provide excellent coach-specific training and continuing coach education for recertification.
CAT Mentor-Lab Coaching Course Pages
These links take you to the pages that describe our many mentor-lab courses.
- Core Competencies Intensives (CCI)
- Core Competency Intensives: ADHD Focus
- Group Mentor Coaching (GMC)
- Advanced Group Mentor Coaching (AGMC)
Jump links to headings On this page
- Mentor Coaching Requirements (ICF and IAC)
- Mentor-Lab Training Schedule
- Registration and Payment Options for Mentor-Lab Courses
Mentor Coaching Requirements
The International Coaching Federation stipulates the following Mentor Coaching Guidelines for a new or recertifying credential application. As an ICF Accredited Coach Training Program, CAT’s Group Mentor Coaching, Core Competency Intensives, and Core Competency Intensives: ADHD Focus are structured to generously meet those ICF guidelines:
Per ICF, a coaching credential application must document ten hours of “professional assistance in achieving and demonstrating the levels of coaching competency and capability demanded by the desired credential level.” [Note: this narrow definition of coach mentoring is specific to mentor coaching for a credentialing application.]
Additional ICF (and IAC) requirements stipulate that:
- Seven of the ten hours may be gained in a group environment of less than 10 students. Coach Approach limits our mentor-lab course registration to 4-7 students.
- At least three of the ten required mentor coaching hours must be individual (one-on-one with the mentor coach). Registration Option 2 provides for these individual hours at a savings.
- The ten hours of training must extend over no less than 3 months.
- The trainer must have an ICF credential at the same or a higher level than the credential the participant is applying for. (If mentoring an individual for a same-level credential, the coach must have recertified their credential at least once.)
Mentor-Lab Training Schedule
Mentor-Lab Registration & Payment Options
Generally, registration deadlines for these courses are 10-14 days before the first class.