We provide ICF-accredited coach training and coach credentialing. Most of our aspiring coaches come from the organizing, productivity and ADHD fields. Coaches trained through other programs will find innovative and substantive advanced coach training, group and individual mentor coaching, and CCEs.
Coaching Essentials — Basic Coach Training
Welcome to Coach Approach Training!
We provide extraordinary coach training – whether you’re new to coaching or a trained coach looking for innovative and focused continuing education, mentoring, or ADHD coach training.
We train coaches in engaged, connected, small course groups of 6-12, often with two trainers. Our Coaches Learning Lab has an online ‘room’ for each course with access to training materials and discussion forums. Interactive classes are offered through live conferencing. Each class is recorded and available to students for download. There is trainer access before and/or after each class.
Our ICF Accredited Coach Training Program provides foundation coach training and support. Foundation graduation opens the door to the advanced curriculum and eight remarkable coaching credentials. These unique credentials recognize the extraordinary synergy between coaching and these areas of expertise:
- Professional organizing
- Productivity consulting
- Advocacy & support for people with ADHD and other brain-based conditions (chronic disorganization, ongoing-stress — also known those who are neurodiverse).
If you are new to our program, we offer distinct entry points for different professionals.
Coaching Essentials is our flagship 8-week intensive training in basic coaching skills for current or aspiring professionals who support people with organizing, productivity and/or ADHD expertise. This live, virtual course trains you in deep communication that will empower current clients who want change to shift their thinking, behaviors, and lives. A stand-alone course, it’s also the pre-requisite for the foundation program.
Coaches trained through other programs can use our extraordinary advanced curriculum as an a la carte menu to earn Continuing Coach Education credit.
There are almost a dozen diverse, 6-week courses in our Advanced Coach Training. Our training sweet spots address coaching and educating clients with ADHD (and other brain-based conditions), holistic time coaching, productivity coaching, body-based coaching, team coaching, leadership coaching, etc.
We schedule four or five 7-hour, small-group, Mentor Coaching Courses annually. Each has a particular focus and meets certification requirements (including an option for the three individual mentoring hours).
Even in the courses that don’t include ADHD in their titles, the needs of ADHD and other neurodiverse clients are routinely addressed in course content and discussions. Our curriculum benefits from the specialized knowledge and coaching enthusiasm of our remarkable co-trainers. (See the Trainers Page for more on our trainer team.)
Denslow Brown, MCC, CPO, CPO-CD, is the CAT director of training. She entered the coaching profession in the 1990s after 20 years as a professional organizer. Denslow holds the highest credentials in the organizing and coaching fields. She has been acknowledged with the organizing and productivity industry’s most prestigious recognitions: NAPO’s President’s and Founders Awards and ICD’s Judith Kolberg Award.
Denslow and Cameron Gott, PCC are the Coach Approach curriculum designers and most senior trainers. They are experienced ADHD coaches and operate from that sensibility. They both also have strong ‘classic’ coach training. See the Trainers Page for more on the backgrounds and journeys that led Denslow and Cam to create the program.
Denslow also created and directs the credentialing arm of the program: the Institute for Applied Coaching. The joint CAT-IAC program was accredited by the International Coaching Federation in 2014.
Coach Training makes a difference in client work …
As a coach, I can see — and help my clients see — their struggles as opportunities for growth and deepening self-insight, a bridge to the other side.
By coaching my clients to describe their own solutions, they completely embrace their changes — making them last!
Coach Training makes a difference in professional development …
You have allowed me to look at what I do and how much better I can do it!
Thank you so much for all of your care, guidance, mentoring, coaching, teaching, and support. I am excited to have this new certification and loved the journey. I have learned so much. I feel a strong connection with the trainers and students. You have created a wonderful environment for learning.
The training helped me immensely. I’m more confident. I have a stronger understanding of skills I’ve used intuitively.
I really feel everything in the training was superlative. I couldn’t ask for more. I’m already applying these skills in other areas of my life and work.
Coach Training makes a difference in your business …
Coaching gives me the confidence to forget about ‘selling’ and just tell the truth: COACHING WORKS!
The training was invaluable. Each week I have added coaching skills in my organizing work and my clients have been incredibly responsive. Last week I started using coaching as maintenance with clients when the organizing project was completed.
I want to transition out of hands-on work; coaching is a natural evolution for me.
Coach Training makes a difference in your life …
Something life-changing happened to me as a direct result of my coach training. I can see things ‘from a different perspective’ and am able to move from stuck positions.
This program has been, by far, the best investment I have ever made in myself, in my business, and my clients. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Coaching skills made me a much better mother, wife, daughter, sister and friend!
This was a transforming experience!
Get a general breakdown of costs on our FAQs page.
Coaching skills support powerful communication.
It has a profound impact on all these kinds of client conversations.
What do you want to learn?
What are you looking for?
- Are you wondering if coach training is for you?
- Go to the FAQ Page to for more answers.
- Talk with Denslow Brown, Director of Training. Schedule a phone appointment or email Denslow@OrganizerCoach.com.
- Email or call Denslow to join the next Q&A session — an hour of informal discussion to answer all your questions about coaching, coach training — even a coaching demonstration if you’d like to hear it.
- Are you ready for Coach Approach Training?
- Register for Coaching Essentials (the starting place for all new coaches).
- Go to our Foundation Program Overview if you know you want to graduate from our comprehensive foundation program to read about this personal growth and professional development life-changing journey.
- Check out the Coach Credentialing Overview for a short description of the eight possible credentials, costs and calendar.
- Are you already an experienced coach?
- If you’re a trained coach looking for ADHD coach training or outstanding Continuing Coach Education credits, go to the Advanced Training Overview page to read short course descriptions. If you want more info click on the course title from the Advanced Training drop-down menu (navigation tab) for a full page of information.
- If you’re a trained coach looking for Mentor Coaching to strengthen your skills or to prepare a strong recorded coaching session for a credentialing application, go to the Mentor-Lab-Style Course Overview.